What were the customer’s main concern or challenges?
Digital and web transformation towards service delivery to the Kenyan taxpayers.
Main results of the project / activity (business benefits)?
- Digital Platform Organization & team defined and put in place.
- Web platform strategy & implementation map.
- Content Strategy , Structure & development.
- Digital Processes and Procedures.
- The current KRA website.
What capabilities did WatsupAfrica Consulting provide?
- Overall project management
- User research & stakeholder needs
- As-Is à To-Be Assessment (People, Process & Technology)
- Stakeholder Identification, Analysis and Mapping
- Business Case
- Financials Modeling
- Risk Analysis
- Digital / Web Transformation Strategy
- User Defined Journeys & Information Architectures
- Enterprise Roadmap and framework
- Project Implementation guide
- Technical & functional Specifications
- Organization Development & Definitions, including Job Descriptions
- Procurement development process and documentation
- Project branding
- Organization Readiness – Skills Assessment & Gap Analysis
The Kenya Revenue Authority was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the Laws of Kenya. The Authority is the principal government revenue collection agency and accounts for over 95% of Government Ordinary Revenue. The Authority administers the revenue aspects of 18 Acts of Parliament as well as collecting agency revenue for several Government Agencies.
In September, 2015, the Authority launched its 6th Corporate Plan: 2015/16 – 2017/18. This was branded with the theme ‘Building Trust through Facilitation so as to enhance Tax Compliance’.
Government & Public Sector